Thursday, August 2, 2012

Real Talk: "Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!" Visual Novel

NOTE: THIS DISCUSSION IS DIRECTED TO THE VISUAL NOVEL NOT THE ANIME ADAPTATION.

Throughout my life I have had a certain liking to the Japanese culture with the biggest and most prominent sources of this enjoyment coming from anime and manga. After watching the anime adaptation of Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!, I felt as if it was very lacking and not very fair to the female cast. I learned from some other people that the anime was biased loosely off of a critically acclaimed visual novel. I also found out that for the most part it had an English translation so I thought to myself I would give it a try.

This being my first Visual Novel game, I honestly did not know what to expect. I thought the lack of animation would make it boring and unappealing in the long run but boy was I wrong. From what I can tell they have the same voice actors as the ones in the anime which was a big plus in the entertainment department. The animation was actually very well done even though most of it was still images of different facial expressions and...positions.

Another thing that I really enjoyed was the ridiculous amount of content in the game. The first half of the game (which does not play a huge part on which route you take) took me at least 5+ hours to complete (even when skipping through most of the convos. When you finally get to choose who to chase after, there is still plenty of content for each character. After playing through almost all the routes, it is very hard to pick one character I enjoyed more than the others. Each character is unique and has very different personalities from the others of the cast. Wanko (the red head) is fun, energetic, and innocent (...lol) while Chris (the blonde) is very uptight and gets embarrassed easily. The short and sweet is that no matter who you choose, you are most likely going to like the end result.
One thing that I was not expecting was the large amount of hentai in the game...It seemed that once you made your confession to the character you choose, it was only a matter of time until the inner sex freak was awoken in all the girls. Yes all the girls eventually get super freaky :D. It's not a bad part of the game...just was very surprised when sweet innocent Wanko suggested some...positions.

I could go on all day about this game but pretty much my base thoughts have already been laid out. Whether you are accustomed or new to Visual Novel games, I STRONGLY encourage encountering this one. Its full of pretty much everything you would want in a quality anime plus some...nice scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment