Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Simcity is fun...if only I could actually log onto the servers...



So if you are like me and have been waiting for the new Simcity game since it was first announced, then you must understand how infuriating it is when the gaming community (you know the people actually paying for the game) warns you (you being the publisher Electronic Arts) well in advanced about having such dependency on servers and an “always online” type game. Since the game’s release, I have been able to get maybe two hours of gameplay in before getting booted off and having my city wiped away. It is unfathomable how such a large company could not be able to have the resources to withhold the Simcity community. It’s like they never heard what happened with Diablo 3’s launch. I don’t necessarily protest DRM since pirating is such a huge issue right now in the pc world but if you cannot get your s#!t together and at least let us play the game, then all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire. The reason pirating is such a huge thing is because of greedy and in this case poor and idiotic business moves. EA, welcome to my s#!t list.

No comments:

Post a Comment