Thursday, September 20, 2012

"Yuru Yuri (Season 2)" thoughts (up to episode 7)

So a show that I haven't talked about in a long, long time is Yuru Yuri. Unlike Sword Art Online and Kokoro Connect which I watch each new episode as soon as it is available, I feel as if I can watch Yuru Yuri at my own pace without losing anything in the long run. After thinking about what I was going to write in this post, I find myself having a hard time trying to think of any negatives about this season of Yuru Yuri.

So pretty much every episode so far has followed what the previous season did which is have some random chain of events occur in each episode; usually followed by hilarious and cute scenes. The overall charm of Yuru Yuri is still here and each character like before has their own unique characteristics. Chinatsu is still snappy and the overall cute one of the bunch, Kyouko is the tomboy always causing scenes, Yui is the quite and collected one of the bunch, and Akari is still Akari. The social interactions between the characters are as hilarious and adorable as ever; there are some parts that I would even say are more well done than its first season ever accomplished.



The animation is pretty well done; scenes are drawn very well and the transition parts flow quite nicely. The characters all look great making all the cast almost too adorable for their own good. Sound is also spot on so far. Each character's voice actor really knows how to transfer emotion into the final product that we see in each episode. The best part, the comedy, is largely intact and is as funny as ever. Each episode spawns it's own chain of events that usually entails many funny scenes. Even the side characters play a huge roll in the comedy (much more than the first season in my opinion).

I wish I had more to say but there really isn't anything else I can elaborate on at the moment. The show is great; no other way to describe it. If you are looking for an anime that you can watch at your own pace then check out Yuru Yuri (season one first).


No comments:

Post a Comment