Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo" (Anime) Episodes ...-16 Thoughts

Two anime posts in one day...!?!?! The world must be ending.


So I finally got caught up on Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and I have to say that it really is a light in the dark. It's overall premise and appeal is a slice of life drama (with some hints of romance) which have a tendency to be generic and unfulfilling. This show however has not once caused me to feel bored, lost, or feel any negative emotions. This show keeps exploring into the mysterious character Mashiro as well as helping Sorata find out what he really wants to do in life. I mentioned in a post last year that Sorata is much like myself in high school; I didn’t have a clue what I wanted to do in life until I started working hard towards one goal. Now that episode sixteen has concluded, he is very close to achieving his first step towards his goal. Now other than Sorata’s goals we have the love triangle between Sorata, Mashiro, and the oh too cute Nanami. It’s honestly too hard to choose who I would want Sorata to end up with because both Mashiro and Nanami have overwhelmingly great personalities. Nanami is a very hard worker that has had feelings for Sorata since some predetermined time. Then we have Mashiro who is well “special” (she cannot even take a shower like a normal person). She does however have the same hard working attitude that Nanami has as well as her own unique charm. She also plays the “I need you more” card since Sorata is pretty much the only way she is remotely normal. The scenes between these three start to get real interesting after episode fourteen when it is revealed to all parties that they all have feelings for Sorata. The good thing about this issue is that unlike in other anime, this whole love thing doesn’t feel forced or awkward. I genuinely like both female leads and I will be happy with whoever (or no one) Sorata ends up with. Assuming that this is going to be a twenty four episode anime, there is just enough time left to introduce another roadblock plot device and to resolve who gets the main character so I am very much looking forward to the coming episodes. This anime is very enjoyable and relaxing to watch so if you have not picked it up yet you can watch all the episodes so far on Crunchyroll.com. It’s really , really , really good so go watch it now!
IT'S A TRAP!

1 comment: