Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT" (Anime) Episodes 2-3 Thoughts



Wait a second...this is supposed to be the other way around...

So Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT so far has been something its predecessor wasn’t; averagely funny. Now don’t take averagely in a negative way because this show is by no means boring to watch or has poor quality. The reason I used average as my way of explaining the show is because this season feels too much like the previous one and not really an improvement. Now some may argue that a follow up season should feel exactly like the first and I would agree 90% of the time. The problem I have with Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT at the moment though is that there really hasn’t been any funny skits or events in the first three episodes. So far all that has happened is a “king” game that almost ended with a kiss, the club sponsor spending the night at Kodaka’s house, and well…that’s it. The first season had some epic and funny episodes like when the club ventured into the Monster Hunter like video game and had to defeat the final boss or when the club went to the beach and Yozora treated Sena like dirt. This new season has not struck any overly funny notes with me so far and I really hope it improves. In my honest opinion it has kind of wasted the first three episodes on things that could have been well…not included (minus the king game which has repercussions heading into episode four). I mean it’s still enjoyable to watch; just seems to be a notch off of its previous season. I am looking (and hoping for the best) forward to the coming episodes; I haven’t read the source material so I am anxiously awaiting who will end up with Kodaka (I hope its Yozora…).
Was this scene really needed...?

No comments:

Post a Comment