Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Kamisama Hajimemashita" (Anime) Dropped -__-


What started as an enjoyable experience has unfortunately sizzled out into something that is hard for me to explain. My initial experiences with Kamisama Hajimemashita were all very positive. I really liked the main character Nanami because she was placed into hardships that she had to overcome. Even though things seemed bleak, she trucked through every situation that arose. The animation was unique and colorful with some impressive lighting throughout every episode. What I think really let me down and eventually started to hinder my experience was what I feared in the beginning; it’s a shoujo. These types of shows are aimed for young women and after a couple episodes of men (weird looking pretty boys with no real noteworthy personality and/or goals) fighting over her, I soon became incredibly bored. Every episode seemed to tack on another person trying to either steal Nanami away because of her powers or to tick Tomoe off. There really wasn’t any thought provoking plot that was driving the show; just some amazing looking visuals. I honestly wanted to bite the bullet and just finish the show for the sake of not quitting but it just got to a point where I just couldn’t do it anymore. I feel as if you really must like the male leads and the whole triangle of love crap going on to even remotely like this show. I will probably finish the show sometime in the future just so I can give it a full review but for now this show equals what Tari Tari was last season; a complete bore.

No comments:

Post a Comment