Saturday, April 6, 2013

More New Airing Anime Initial Thoughts: "Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san", "Zettai Bouei Leviathan", "Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai", "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru" and "Shingeki no Kyojin"


So I have watched pretty much everything that has been released thus far and I have to say that although there is some crap mixed in, there are a couple shows that I just know I will end up liking.
So starting with the not so impressive we have Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san. It is going to be using the twelve minute format rather than the full twenty four so I initially wasn’t going to get my hopes up. This is however going to be that super raunchy and perverted show (may not be the only one) for this season. All of the jokes are sexual based and while every second of the show tries to throw in some sort of gag, I did find myself somewhat enjoying it. The animation was actually to my liking; the lighting is very well done and the overall design of the scenes seems pretty unique. I cannot really say anything else about this show just yet; for now it will stay on my watch list.
Next on the not so sure list is Zettai Bouei Leviathan. This show is going to essentially boil down to a trio of girls who will most likely go on some sort of adventure together in order to defeat the bad guys. The three main characters seem to work well with each other so hopefully the story flows well. The animation is pretty average but with some good aspects slipping in like lighting and the fight scenes. So far all I can tell is that this is going to be your average comedic adventure.
Now the next show is one that I did not enjoy very much when it first aired but for some reason I feel sorta obligated to watch it. Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai is the bother sister comedy from 2010 that send a shockwave throughout the anime community. While there are a vast amount of supporters for this show, I just cannot get behind a show that has such a repulsing main character. This character Kirino is the reason why I hope to god I do not have a girl if I ever decide to have children. I do not get why anyone would like her she is abusive, manipulative, and two faced. In some positive news the animation seems to have gotten a slight boost from its previous season. Reflections are nicely done and the character models look great. I’ll be sticking this one out just so I can write a horrid review on it in the end.
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (god these anime titles are getting longer and longer) while not coming off as crap certainly did not come off amazing. The first thing I noticed was that the main male character looks exactly like the one from Sankarea. He even has somewhat the same personality. Essentially our main character is forced to join a club due to his last of effort on an assignment. In this club, he and the club leader must help people that come for assistance (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi anyone?). Umm the chemistry between the two club members seems to be good so hopefully they will bring some interesting moments. Animation is ok nothing else to really say on that. Looks like it has potential to be good so I’ll stick this one out.
Ok so the one anime that has just screamed out at me as something worth watching is Shingeki no Kyojin. The entire episode does a great job setting up what the focus of the entire season is going to be; revenge. While the whole “I must avenge my family” thing has been done a billion times, I honestly felt for the main character when sh!@ got real towards the end of the episode. The main character seems head strong and actually has balls unlike some other male protagonists. The animation is very good as the giant titans look amazing and all the shots done at sunset have an amazing quality due to the lighting. If you are going to pick one anime to watch this season I would put your money on this one. It looks like it is going to be a straight up action bloodbath will no unnecessary ecchi stuff thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment